Thursday, December 1, 2011

Enchantment Under the sea..........


Gosh!! That story about yesterday is starting to become the nightmare from yesteryear!! I've been on a hiatus from felting for about a year and a half because .....well, life is life and shit happens and I have been completely uninspired. Not to mention that felting is definitely a winter sport for us over here in Greece. You don't want to be anywhere around wool in warm climates and our winters are short and brisk. Terri, honestly, I don't know how you manage to do it over there in Florida!!!
 
I have a significant amount of old projects in my sack and I'm trying to figure out a way to present them to you guys without making you nauseous!!! I think I'm going to group them up in categories to give you a brief synopsis of my style and then maybe go through each one bit by bit analytically. I'm not going to get myself all stressed out about how this will end up..........I'm just going to go with the flow. I need to get this done so I can start creating all these new ideas which are exploding in my mind.


I'm "baptizing" my first group "Enchantment Under the Sea". Why? Because that happened to be the title of my very first ballet recital. After opening up my old sack, (and finding myself pleasantly surprised that the months didn't get to them yet) I realized that I've got a significant amount of felted scarves that remind me of seaweed.........it's definitely got to do with to the Mediterranean blood I've got flowing in my veins!!

And alas, we finally come to the story about yesterday -or the day before yesterday-depending on which angle your looking from!! I woke up in the morning, grabbed a piece of seaweed, wrapped it over a pair of purple leggings with safety pins and freaked out everybody at work!! Imagine! Wearable art!!People actually liked it!! Since it was such a "hit" and very tacky held up with safety pins, I've already got in my mind to make some felt material and to cut out fish and starfish for button closures!! I'll have pictures with the final result as soon as I complete it. but you can check out the "rough draft" below. Many thanks to my sweet daughter/model, Anna-Maria, who nearly froze to death with all my wacky ideas!!










1 comment: