Monday, December 26, 2011

Bending the rules- Part 2

Synthetics (whether it be yarn or fabric) WILL NOT incorporate into silk!! As a rule of thought, I must always remember that I need pure wool to "glue" everything together. This is one of my very early projects before I knew that!! The "proper" way to have done this was to have merino on the bottom and on the top of my synthetic gold fabric. I was fortunate enough, though, to add enough merino to hold on to the silk and after the shrinking process this is what happened:



 The poor thing has been in and out of my recycling bin a zillion times.........Personally, I like it!! It photographs very nicely, it has wonderful color contrast, it's catchy, unique and different................YUP! I'd wear it...........but I'm a bag lady with weird taste...........I'm curious to see what will happen to it after a couple of washings- I have a positive feeling that "Old Gold" will become "Frayed Wildness"!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment