Sunday, December 18, 2011

Sail away, sail away, sail away.............................

Another one of my futile attempts at cob web felt!! It just didn't come out "holey" enough but it makes a wonderful warm scarf. I used Wensleydale wool and bamboo silk which gives it those shiny waves. The beauty of Wensleydale roving is the fine curls it makes after felting- which are best seen against the light.





Another example of cob web felted Wensleydale is the scarf I used for the background of my blog. I incorporated sari silk yarn into the project which gives it an even curlier effect. Eventually at some point I'd like to make a similar project, quite larger- something like a curtain. I can just imagine the morning sunlight passing through it....................







No comments:

Post a Comment