Saturday, December 3, 2011

"But still they begin, needles and pins................."



OUCH!!! I've never been too keen on needle felting which is such a shame because you don't need the tons of space, that nuno felting requires. I find needle felting "confining"......I need the space, guys!!! This is my first (and last) free hand needle felted flower.



I have needled felted on some of my dresses, just to "snazz" them up a bit, though!! Nothing spectacular, just your typical "cookie cutter" flowers and "sugar and spice, and all that's nice, that's what little girls are made of" stuff.  Here's a synoptic, typical Sunday, wash view- with the exception that the kids NEVER help me hang out the laundry!!

     And some more closer up "artsy" pics...............




        
  And thus coming to the end of my needle felting career............although I really need to practice the technique!! I'm putting my needles and foam mats on the side for now cos I've got a bigger project in mind: I will attempt to nuno felt one of my mohair dresses. Something sort of like this shawl


       Hopefully, I'll have pictures of that wild dress in the near future!! I will continue to needle felt on already nuno felted silk scarves- YES! It can be done................but that's another story about bending the rules of nuno felt, and, believe me, I've done lots of that!! Most of those projects have ended up in the recycling bin but the few that have worked out always leave me pleasantly surprised!!
                                                                  

2 comments:

  1. Don't give up on the needlefeting. I see you have done lots of work with flat needlefelting but I think you might get more out of the sculptural work. I have working flat I can do that wet or with an embellisher, I have more fun with the 3d stuff. Snowmen, flying pigs, Dragon flys, less frustrating than stabbing a flat panel for what seams like a lifetime.............

    ReplyDelete
  2. You mean something like a voodoo dolly?? Hmmmmm that seems like a great idea, Kath!! I can poke away at anybody I want to- what a release!!! I'll stick to something I know how to do for the time being, though. When you finally decide to make the trip to sunny Greece you can give me a seminar on 3D sculpture felting!! I'm still waiting!! Don't forget to send me your link so I can put you in the links I'm following and my home page!!

    ReplyDelete