Saturday, December 3, 2011

Out of Africa...............

Being raised in Africa, some of my projects have that "Mama Africa" influence. For starters I absolutely LOVE dreadlocks dangling all over the place from my scarves- either like a fringe on the ends or just cropping out from every which way but they are very tedious to make. Hopefully now, after my long break, I'll have the patience to create that ultimate Jah Rastafari look (which I've also done on seaweed- how typical of me???) I thought this scarf made of an alpaca/ silk mix looked pretty fancy with the bowl of ostrich eggs my moms collected since who knows when...............



But it looks even more spectacular hanging from the Ethiopian crosses




And one more African theme made of an alpaca/silk/wool combination, with bamboo silk and silk scraps





No comments:

Post a Comment